- Protect your workplace better by knowing the relevant health and safety legislation and the major hazards that exist in workplaces.
- Prevent accidents and improve workplace safety by combining high-level strategy with hands-on application.
Leading organizations work hard to provide their employees with safe, healthy workplaces. They know that anything less could reflect poorly on them and risk penalties for non-adherence to regulations. This certificate program will equip you with the knowledge and skills to develop, implement and manage strong health and safety systems. Whether you work in human resources or aspire to, or have joined a health and safety committee or task force, you'll learn how to ensure your workplace meets all the required health and safety requirements in a tight regulatory framework. You'll discover what companies can do to prevent costly accidents that impair productivity and engage more employees in proactive health and safety measures.
What You'll Learn
- Deepen your knowledge of occupational health and safety practices and processes in Canada, especially Ontario.
- Get to know the managerial issues surrounding occupational health and safety.
- Understand the costs and causes of workplace accidents.
- Become familiar with accident prevention strategies and systems.
- Apply advanced occupational health and safety principles to management issues.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course.