Learn something new, on us
Change starts here
How we all work and learn has been changing rapidly. SCS wants to support you through this evolution. We recognize that in addition to new assistance options for online learners whose ﬁnances were impacted by COVID-19, there is an appetite from our learners for content to help explore new territory, engage your minds, and learn skills and ideas you can apply to your lives and careers now.
We reached out to our community of learners to get a better idea of just what kinds of content and the topics into which you would like to gain insight. We asked, you responded, we listened. The UofT SCS Knowledge Hub series is the result.
Knowledge Hub live
Join a webinar
Our Knowledge Hub Live sessions are exactly that: live! Hosted by a member of the SCS team, these presentations are delivered by one of our industry-expert instructors. These webinars are designed to address challenges we face now with up-to-date insights into your most requested topics. This is your chance to connect with like-minded people, ask questions and receive expert advice in real time.
**NOTE- this session has already been held, but can now be accessed on demand
Mindful at Work - Practices for Focus and Well-Being
Learn practical strategies on how you can apply mindfulness in your workday to gain greater focus, strengthen your health and well-being and reduce stress.
Knowledge Hub on demand
Explore our On-demand library
We know commitments to work, family, and friends mean that life is busy. If you are looking for ways to learn new skills, feed curiosity or support your career on a schedule that meets your life, the UofT SCS Knowledge Hub On-demand might be just the solution you are looking for. Want to learn more? Sign up to have access to a breadth of content, prepared by our leading instructors.
Knowledge Hub webinar recordings
- Mindful at Work - Practices for Focus and Well-Being presented by Michael Apollo - Find out how you can apply mindfulness in your workday to gain greater focus, strengthen your health and well-being and reduce stress.
- High Impact Presentation Skills presented by Adam Lazarus - Explore the key elements of communication to inspire audiences of all sizes, be they in-person, on the telephone or virtual.
- How to Identify Your Strengths and Design Your Career in 2023 presented by Blueprint Career Services - Learn how to take control over the directions and development of your career and personal growth.
- 2022 Penguin Random House Award Reading presented by Lee Gowan, Program Director, Creative Writing - Watch the readings from the winners and finalists of the 2022 Penguin Random House Award for Fiction.
- Vincent van Gogh - Trajectory of a Superstar presented by Angela Glover - Learn about the life and work of one of the world's most renowned painters
- Write Your Story - Creative Writing Life Hacks presented by Ken Murray - Find out how skills at your disposal can be honed, refined, and built to write engaging stories.
- Cyber Security - Concepts, Trends, and What's Next presented by Carlos Chalico - Explore concepts, trends, and both the local and global impact of cybersecurity risk.
- Mindful Monotasking – Slow Down to Speed Up presented by Rachna Sethi - Learn how monotasking, instead of multitasking, can help support our well-being, and enhance our connection to living in the present moment.
- 2021 Janice Colbert Award Reading presented by Lee Gowan, Program Director, Creative Writing - Watch the readings from the winners of the 2021 Janice Colbert Award.
- How to Rock at Virtual Communication presented by Ivan Wanis Ruiz - Learn a variety of tactics to make your next virtual meeting, training session, and/or presentation interesting, dynamic, and impactful.
- The Who What Why of AI presented by Larry Simon - Find out what AI can and can not do, learn about its future, and discover career opportunities in the field of AI.
- 2021 Penguin Random House Award Reading presented by Lee Gowan, Program Director, Creative Writing - Watch the readings from the winners and finalists of the 2021 Penguin Random House Award for Fiction.
- Leading Intergenerational Teams presented by Mary Stacey - Learn practical ideas and approaches for leading in ways that support intergenerational contributions.
- Fake News - What It Is And How To Spot It presented by Kevin Temple - Get practical advice to assess the veracity of information and recognize fake news.
- Story of Agile - Trends and Insights presented by Joanna Tivig - Learn about the trends shaping the future of Agile, and what organizations are doing to have successful transformations.
- A Mindful Approach to Well-Being presented by Arunas Antanaitis - Explore the essentials of mindfulness.
- Navigating the Job Market During COVID presented by Alex Gallacher - Learn how to land that dream job in today's turbulent times.
- Stoicism - Strategies for Resilience and Joy presented by Dr. Ranjini George - Find out how this ancient philosophy can improve your life.
- Marina Nemat Award Reading presented by Lee Gowan, Program Director, Creative Writing - Watch readings from the finalists and the winner of Marina Nemat Award in Creative Writing.
- Managing Your Money in a Crisis presented by Ellen Roseman - Learn how make the best out of your financial situation of today and tomorrow.
- How to Launch a Podcast on a Budget From Home presented by Fatima Zaidi - Find out how to launch a podcast in 10 steps without breaking the bank.
- Mindfulness in an Exponential Age presented by Jay Vidyarthi - Learn how to apply mindfulness techniques to manage technology use habits in daily life
- My Bot's Better Than Your Bot - Understanding AI presented by Martin Waxman - Explore the opportunities and risks of Artificial Intelligence.
- 2020 Janice Colbert Poetry Award Poetry Reading presented by Lee Gowan, Program Director, Creative Writing - Watch poetry readings from each of the three 2020 Janice Colbert Poetry Award winners; Jane Macdonald, Anna Lee-Popham, and Diane Massam.
- Fearless Networking presented by Jean Chow - Learn how to be a confident and successful networker.
- Leading Remote Teams in Uncertain Times presented by Joe Ogilvie - Find out how to be an outstanding leader during times of remote work.
- Writing Compelling Copy in 2020 presented by Samantha Mehra - Gain insight into how to write persuasive, effective marketing and communications materials in 2020.
- Content Marketing in Tough Times presented by Alison Garwood-Jones - Learn how Canadian brands are responding to tough times with content designed to connect and align with their audience’s lifestyle, values, and beliefs.
Q&A WITH THE INSTRUCTORS
- Stoicism, Mindfulness, and Forgiveness - Dr. Ranjini George discusses what Stoicism teaches us about forgiveness.
- The Science of Well-Being - Dr. Greg Wells explains how exercise, sleep, and nutrition affect physiology and health.
- Content Marketing in Tough Times - Follow-up Questions answered by Alison Garwood-Jones - Alison Garwood-Jones answers viewers' questions in this follow up to her June 25th, 2020 live webinar.
- Crisis Management: From Past to Present - SCS Instructor Nick Gunz explains how analyzing past crises can inform our present and future.
University Lecture Series
- A Score To Settle With Hitler: Canada's Jewish Servicemen in WWII presented by Ellin Bessner, journalist and author.
- Crossing the Arctic Alone in a Canoe - Tips from a Professional Explorer presented by Adam Shoalts, professional explorer, writer, public speaker.
- What I Learned Living on a First Nations Reserve presented by Heather MacTaggart, social entrepreneur and educator.
- Knock On Wood: Luck, Chance and the Meaning of Everything presented by Jeffrey Rosenthal, author, professor of Statistics at UofT.
- Misfit: The Amazing Journey of One of Canada's Leading Social Entrepreneurs presented by Andreas Souvaliotis, social entrepreneur, founder of world's first mass eco-points program (Green Points).
- Toronto Through the Lens of Public Sculpture and Art presented by Hamish Saxton, tourism and hospitality expert.
- Dam Busters: Canadian Airmen and the Secret Raid Against Nazi Germany presented by Ted Barris, historian, award-winning writer, journalist and broadcaster.
- The Power of Kindness presented by Brian Goldman, ER physician, author and award-winning medical reporter.
- The Bioethics of Critical Care: Who Lives? Who Dies? Who Decides? presented by Gordon Rubenfeld, Chief of the Trauma, Emergency & Critical Care Program at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and Professor of Medicine at the U of T.