- Deepen your knowledge of key areas crucial to your success as a BPM practitioner.
- Learn how to manage all aspects of a process improvement project, from defining its requirements to successful implementation.
To succeed in business process management, you have to be able to redesign processes, adopt new quality-improvement practices and use information technology effectively. This certificate consists of six courses drawn from other School of Continuing Studies programs: three from Business Process Management and one each from Project Management, Lean Six Sigma and Business Analysis. Whatever your background - improvement specialist, customer service manager or supervisor, business analyst, project or process manager, financial services provider or IT professional - you'll bring your skills to a new level and emerge with advanced knowledge in key management areas.
What You'll Learn
- Ground yourself in the theory and practice of business process management.
- Use advanced BPM tools to create, implement and monitor process improvement strategies.
- Apply contemporary techniques to re-engineer business processes.
- Manage all the interfaces with key stakeholder groups such as IT, Project Management Office, Operations and Quality/Risk.
You have five years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one Foundation level course.