- Develop the skills and strategies you need to manage international projects.
- Negotiate more successfully by understanding your client's cultural preferences.
The growth of globalization means that more enterprises are taking on international projects. Managing these projects successfully often means understanding and working with critical cultural differences. In this program, you'll learn how to respond to the key challenges you'd face as the manager of an international project. You'll develop the leadership skills you need to ensure your team understands your client's expectations and preferences. You'll rise to challenges across logistic, cultural and language divides. You'll learn to avoid outcomes that could cause monetary loss or client dissatisfaction. You'll develop realistic project schedules that reflect your client's degree of tolerance for slippage. You'll learn to negotiate contracts more respectfully and successfully by understanding your client's cultural preferences.
What You'll Learn
- Understand international project management from the ground up, including current trends and challenges.
- Know how to deliver a successful project and use the right metrics to track results.
- Build and lead an efficient project team that understands your client's needs.
- Work effectively with dispersed stakeholders, team members and others and communicate with them in a timely way.
- Know the project implications from all perspectives: legal, regulatory, political, environmental, contractual, technological and risk management.
There are three equivalent delivery methods: in-class (evening), online and professional day seminars. You can earn your certificate using any combination of these.