- Learn principles, tools and techniques of energy management
- Gain familiarity with the best practices in supporting a sustainable built environment.
If you want to help reduce energy consumption and increase energy efficiency in the built environment, this certificate is for you. The program will be useful for anyone who wants to learn the principles, tools, and techniques of energy management and sustainability - engineers, architects and business and facility managers. You'll learn about energy management in residential, commercial and institutional buildings and sustainable communities, as well as renewable sources, policy and procurement, energy auditing, current trends and economics and end uses by sector. The curriculum content of the three courses is aligned with the body of knowledge and best practices of Energy Management.
What You'll Learn
- Assess energy needs in residential, commercial and industrial facilities and identify potential reductions.
- Apply energy management best practices to the built environment.
- Use financial evaluation tools to assess potential solutions.
- Evaluate, develop and set up an energy management system.
- Evaluate and develop initiatives to support sustainability.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Although this is not an engineering program, a background in a relevant technological discipline is recommended.