- Adapt traditional journalism skills to today’s digital world.
- Work with leading industry professionals and build a compelling portfolio of original work.
How can journalists and freelance writers adapt to today’s digital world? How do you tell a coherent and compelling story on a website or social media? This new certificate is geared to journalists and freelance writers, communications professionals and writers in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. You’ll learn how to write for the web and use social media to tell a story or promote one online. You’ll learn from industry leaders in journalism, freelance writing and online communications. They’ll share their insights on the old-school skills involved in writing a news story and how to adapt these tools to the digital world. Examine the ethical questions raised by brand journalism and other adaptations of traditional journalism skills. You’ll get valued feedback on your work and emerge with a portfolio that shows your skills in and understanding of digital journalism.
What You'll Learn
- Work on the fundamentals of writing articles for digital use.
- Adapt your writing knowledge and skills to a digital context.
- Use a range of online platforms to tell and promote your stories.
- Create resonant stories that integrate an online strategy.
- Build a portfolio of original online material you can share with employers and talent developers.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate.