- Understand how cloud computing evolved and how its systems are designed and built today.
- Learn how to evaluate different vendor products and services.
Cloud computing is now integral to the digital economy. Companies value people who can understand and evaluate the design, architecture and frameworks of cloud systems. This program will help you understand different service models, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). You'll explore technology choices and development tools and get a market overview of current cloud providers. Other subjects include security and disaster recovery. This certificate is offered in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science.
What You'll Learn
- Know different cloud service models, including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Appreciate financial, technological and organizational challenges facing different end users when evaluating their cloud strategies.
- Assess economic, financial and technological implications when selecting cloud service for your own organization.
- Ensure the privacy, compliance and legal protection of proposed cloud solutions.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is not available for this certificate.