Our offices were closed from Wednesday December 23, 2020 until January 1, 2021, inclusive. During this time, our team was not processing applications, or receiving client emails. We resumed regular operations remotely starting Monday, January 4, 2021.
Processing times pre-COVID-19 were 15-20 weeks. As a result of the restrictions caused by the pandemic, we are experiencing delays, as are the organizations and institutions who we communicate with to verify your documents. If your educational institution can send us your official records (such as your academic record, official transcripts, and other institutional documents) electronically, this helps us provide you with quicker service. We appreciate your patience and remain committed to providing quality assessments, transparency, and accountability, while minimizing the inconveniences that you are experiencing during this challenging time.
Estimated processing times for Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Reports:
- General Use: 6 weeks from the time all of your supporting documents, including the institutional documents, have arrived at our office
- Electronic/Digital institutional documents: 15-20 weeks from the time all of your supporting documents, including the institutional documents, have arrived electronically
- Physical institutional documents: 25-30 weeks from the time all of your supporting documents, including the institutional documents, have arrived by mail
- Renewing an expired immigration report: 3 weeks
- Upgrading a General ECA report for Immigration: 4 weeks
These processing timeframes do not include delivery.
Click here for guidelines and tips on how to submit digital institutional documents. Before we start the assessment process, our team checks if your application and all required documents are acceptable. The date that we determine your documents are acceptable for assessment becomes the official acceptance date of your application. The estimated processing times are based upon this start date. While we make every effort to provide assessments in a timely manner, each individual application is unique, and some take longer than others to complete.
What affects the processing time?
- If we need to verify documents with the issuing authority, or conduct extensive research, this may increase the processing time.
- The processing time may change based on the volume of applications received by CES
- The estimated processing times do not include statutory holidays or the University’s year-end closure. These processing times are subject to change without notice.