Scale AI is an innovation and investment hub for Canada's AI Supercluster, offering grant funding, expert guidance, and a community of like-minded peers for artificial intelligence (AI) projects and training.
Scale AI supports working individuals who want to fast-track their AI training and skills development through a generous grant up to 50% of the tuition fees* for accredited training courses.
Which SCS courses are covered?
- 3250A - Using Python I : Organize and Analyze Data
- 3250B - Using Python II : Clean, Predict and Inform
- 3253 - Machine Learning
- 3546 - Deep Learning
- 3547 - Intelligent Agents & Reinforcement Learning
- 3666 - Applied Natural Language Processing
- 3705 - Machine Learning & AI Applications in Physical Asset Management
- 3759 - Feature Engineering in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- 3760 - Cloud Technologies for Big Data, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- 3757 - Robotic and Intelligent Process Automation
Anyone who, at the time of participating in the training program:
- Is employed in Canada by an employer who has a registered office in Canada
- Has not received, nor expects to receive, any other government financial assistance related to the tuition cost of the training program and its courses
- Gives consent to the School of Continuing Studies to release personal information (obtained from the application process and the individual’s course performance data) to Scale AI and Canada’s Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, for the purposes of administering and reporting on the grant program.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
- Before registering for your Scale-AI course above, please complete the grant application. We are unable to apply the grant during an online registration, or retroactively after registration has been completed.
- This grant may not be combined with any other bursaries, awards, UofT Alumni Benefits, discounts, or the U of T Staff Tuition Waiver.
- Per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), the Scale AI grant is considered a taxable benefit. If approved, you will receive a T4A slip from the University of Toronto in the year following your enrolment. To proceed with your registration, you will be asked to upload the following documentation using our secure upload form:
- A copy of your SIN card or SIN confirmation letter
- Government-issued photo identification
- For our Non-Canadian or permanent resident learners: please also upload your work permit and a copy of your passport
Submitting these documents is required for eligibility to receive the Scale AI grant. We take your privacy and personal information seriously and it’s important to use the online form. Providing these documents through email is not secure, so we cannot stress enough the importance of submitting these sensitive documents via our online tool.
If you are looking to take more than one course eligible for the Scale AI grant, it is necessary to fill out one Scale AI form per course, however, you only have to upload your personal documents once. Again, please upload your documents before registering for eligible courses.
How to apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria listed above and consent to sharing your personal information, please click “Apply Now” to complete and submit your application.
*Any grant awarded only covers direct tuition fees. Payment of HST, if applicable, is solely the responsibility of learner to pay.