- Improve your written and spoken French for work, the home and travel.
- Follow French more easily when it's spoken at a native speaker's pace and in a range of media.
Once you've completed your Certificate in Conversational Languages: French, you can take this advanced certificate program in practical French. These courses will challenge you to use your French skills in real-life situations at work, at home, in shops and when travelling. You'll improve your pronunciation and get better at expressing opinions, explaining plans, writing emails or relating the plot of a book or film. When friends or colleagues discuss familiar matters, you'll get the main point of conversations and be able to contribute more. You'll also learn more about the complex, unstated cultural codes that are part of life in France and Quebec.
What You'll Learn
- Expand your French vocabulary for the workplace.
- Understand French etiquette for the workplace, social situations and phone conversations.
- Negotiate, express an opinion and give a presentation in French.
- Follow the gist of the news in written and spoken French.
- Achieve more outcomes from the Council of Europe's Framework of Reference for Languages, Level B1.
You must have your Certificate in Conversational Languages: French or equivalent language skills. You have three years from the date of registration to complete four courses. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is not available for this certificate.