- Increase your opportunities to do business with half a billion Spanish speakers worldwide.
- Make the most of holiday trips to Latin America, Spain and even parts of the United States.
Spanish is the most widely spoken Romance language. It's becoming increasingly important in the United States and has global influence in the arts and business. This program will help you improve your conversational Spanish so you can express yourself with business associates if you travel, or friends and family members if you are a heritage speaker. By the program's end, you'll have reached A2 in the grid used by the Council of Europe's Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Some material from B1 will also be introduced.
What You'll Learn
- Develop your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in Spanish.
- Express yourself as a traveller, student or lover of Spanish music, if you want to do business in the Latin world or have married into a Spanish-speaking family.
- Know how to exchange simple information and understand what people say to you.
- Follow the gist of the news, other media, public announcements and messages.
- Understand simple advertisements, menus, timetables and personal letters.
You must complete four consecutive courses in Spanish in sequence within three years of the date you register, earning an overall average grade of A (80-100 per cent) and attending at least 80 per cent of classes at each level. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is not available for this certificate.
In-class courses are offered when enrolment numbers permit. Some courses or sections may be available only in alternate years or by private instruction.