Technology has transformed virtually every area of human activity—and you can be part of the digital revolution as a web development professional. UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp is a part-time Full Stack Flex course that equips you with the fundamental skills needed to become a full stack web developer. In this immersive, 24-week, part-time program you’ll stretch your knowledge to new limits, building dynamic end-to-end web applications.
In addition, the career services team provides students with the training and guidance needed for your job search. Through resume and social media profile support, industry speakers, portfolio reviews, career coaching, technical interview training, and more, you will be empowered to find the job that’s right for you.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the process of serving a webpage and how the browser renders code
- Build front-end websites from scratch, as well as with ready-made frameworks
- Create full-stack, single-page web applications with RESTful routes and AJAX methods
- Generate dynamic content and implement user-authentication schemes by incorporating different types of databases—MySQL, MongoDB and Firebase
- Develop apps while applying the accepted and standard basics of social coding—source control, issue tracking, functional feedback, etc.
- Run through the entire development cycle of complex projects in both independent and collaborative settings
Location: University of Toronto St. George Campus or University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM)
Part-time: Two evenings per week plus Saturday
Live Online (Synchronous)