For recent graduates who want to develop essential job-ready employment skills now, and lay the foundation for career success to last a lifetime.
- Complement your degree with the applied business skills needed to jump-start your career.
- Apply key concepts to real – world scenarios; practising and refining your business and communication skills.
In today's competitive job market, employers want to hire adaptable, socially aware candidates, who possess a combination of business acumen and communication skills. Be that candidate, by sharpening your understanding of business basics and gaining hands-on experience of in-demand skills – before you interview. Our Business Essentials certificate will help you develop a foundational understanding of areas that employers across industries have identified as critical, so no matter where you land, you'll have increased confidence in your ability to work with others and make a meaningful contribution to your team and organization.
Whether you have a career plan, or are unsure about your next step, a combination of business and communication skills will increase your adaptability to work in any organization – from start up to multinational. Throughout this program, you'll apply key concepts to real-world situations and receive real-time feedback from instructors and guest speakers; providing an opportunity for you to practice and gain confidence. You'll also refine your written and verbal communication competency, setting yourself up for success when communicating with your colleagues, employer or clients and gain more experience with practical skills that employers seek in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), time management, decision making, presentation skills, and working on a team.
What You'll learn
- Understand the fundamental key terminology and concepts of business
- Develop a foundational understanding of the varied business disciplines such as economics, global business, entrepreneurship, accounting, law, marketing & human resources
- Apply your knowledge and critical thinking to analyze and create practical improvements and solutions
- Acquire an insight into the changing trends in the business world and the required skill and knowledge competencies that employers are looking for
- Develop your time management, workplace communication and collaboration skills