- Improve your prospects for passing examinations assigned by Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- Gain valuable insights and skills for a better Canadian career.
If you are an internationally educated engineer who wants to work as a professional engineer in Ontario, you'll need a P.Eng. licence. That often means passing a series of examinations assigned by PEO. Refresher courses in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering taught by qualified instructors in a structured environment can better prepare you to pass these examinations. This certificate offers this and more. You'll review basic principles and solve problems by working through previous examinations and model questions. You will prepare to write the Professional Practice Examination (PPE) of PEO. You will also benefit from networking opportunities. Employers will value the credential you've earned from a Canadian university. This certificate is offered in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science.
What You'll Learn
- Review engineering theory and principles of the selected courses.
- Solve problems by working through previous examinations and model questions.
- Prepare to write the Professional Practice Examination (PPE) of PEO.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete four required courses. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course if you've successfully completed a PEO technical examination. The following courses are offered as part of the certificate. Click here for the corresponding PEO Group A and B confirmatory exams are indicated in parentheses. The list of courses offered might be modified from time to time.