- Increase your skills in the discipline and practice of financial analysis.
- Apply improved analytic skills to investment and portfolio management.
Investment management firms, insurance companies, investment fund companies, investment dealers and banks all need professionals with strong skills in equity research, portfolio management and management finance. If you want to advance your career in any of these fields, this program is for you. You'll learn how to perform relatively complex financial and investment analyses. Although the courses in this program are particularly relevant to those pursuing careers in financial investment, the skills you'll acquire can help you achieve your goals in many other industries.
What You'll Learn
- Apply the knowledge, tools and techniques of financial analysis to investment and portfolio management models.
- Understand and analyze financial statements to measure performance.
- Learn about security valuation, stock-market analysis, industry analysis, technical analysis and discounted cash-flow applications.
- Understand statistical concepts that add value to management decision-making and investment analysis.
You have four years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course, either 0984 Accounting: The Fundamentals or 0082 Business Economics.