- Develop the foundational knowledge required to design, implement and evaluate eLearning training programs.
- Examine key business and management concepts needed to run successful eLearning within an organization or consulting practice.
Develop the knowledge, skills and resources needed to successfully design, implement and evaluate eLearning training programs. Throughout two core courses, you'll build and develop an understanding of the instructional design process, from start to completion and continued improvement. You'll learn the importance of establishing a project development plan, the critical aspects of storyboarding and technology selection, as well as project evaluation. In your elective course, focus your attention and take a deep dive into visual design and user experience, knowledge management or writing for the web.
Certificate Program Update!
As a part of our continued commitment to academic quality and learning design best practices, all of our programs undergo a cyclical evaluation. This evaluation is to ensure our curriculum is up-to-date and modernized to meet industry demands. The eLearning certificate program and related areas have been under review, and starting in 2018, a new series of programming will be available.
You can expect to see a refreshed certificate program as well as other courses, workshops and webinars on trending topics in technology enabled learning design.
Certificate Requirements Prior to Winter 2018
- Completion of two required courses – 0215 and 0216
- Completion of one elective – 0217, 0219 or 1843
- All courses are transferable to the new certificate program, if they have been taken within the three year completion requirement.
- The last term that 0219 will be offered is Fall 2017.
- 0217 and 1843 will continue to be offered, but are only transferable to the new program if taken before Fall 2018.
Certificate Requirements Winter 2018 and Forward
- • Completion of three required courses, the first of which will launch in Winter 2018.
What You'll Learn
- Design and implement e-learning programs that are effective, engaging and accessible.
- Use visual design principles to create compelling and persuasive communications.
- Optimize decision-making, business operations and service delivery of e-learning programs.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course. The delivery method of courses varies from in-class to online. Please consult our website for specific details.