- Develop the foundational knowledge required to design, implement and evaluate eLearning training programs.
- Examine key business and management concepts needed to run successful eLearning within an organization or consulting practice.
Develop the knowledge, skills and resources needed to successfully design, implement and evaluate eLearning training programs. Throughout two core courses, you'll build and develop an understanding of the instructional design process, from start to completion and continued improvement. You'll learn the importance of establishing a project development plan, the critical aspects of storyboarding and technology selection, as well as project evaluation. In your elective course, focus your attention and take a deep dive into visual design and user experience, knowledge management or writing for the web.
New and Prospective Students
We are excited to announce the launch of a new program in Learning Design starting Spring 2018!
If you have not yet taken any courses toward the certificate in eLearning, we invite you to visit the Learning Design webpage and explore our program and courses.
Existing eLearning Students
If you have already taken 0215 eLearning Program Planning and Implementation or 0216 How to Design an eLearning Program you are eligible to receive the eLearning certificate. Please read the following information carefully as it contains critical information on eLearning program completion and timelines.
If you have taken 0215 eLearning Program Planning and Implementation or 0216 How to Design an eLearning Program you will have the chance to complete the existing eLearning program by December 2018. After December 2018 any students who have not yet completed the eLearning program will have the opportunity to transfer eLearning courses to the Learning Design program up until three years from the start date of their first eLearning course.
Certificate Requirements Present to December 2018
- Completion of two required courses –
- 0215 eLearning Program Planning and Implementation
- 0216 How to Design an eLearning Program
- Completion of one elective –
- 0219 Knowledge Management (offered Spring and Fall 2018)
- 1843 Writing for the Web (offered Spring and Fall 2018)
- 3444 Theory and Science of Learning (offered Spring and Fall 2018)
- 3448 Introduction to User Experience (UX) Design (offered Spring and Fall 2018)
- 3443 Evaluation of Learning (offered Fall 2018)
- 0217 Visual and User Experience Design (replaced by 3448)
Requirements After December 2018
- All courses are transferable to the new certificate program, if completed within three-years of the start date of the first course taken toward the eLearning certificate.
- Students who select the transfer option may be required to complete four courses in order to earn the minimum number of hours for a certificate.
What You'll Learn
- Design and implement e-learning programs that are effective, engaging and accessible.
- Use visual design principles to create compelling and persuasive communications.
- Optimize decision-making, business operations and service delivery of e-learning programs.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course. The delivery method of courses varies from in-class to online. Please consult our website for specific details.