- Develop the skills you need to thrive in a growing profession.
- Gain academic credentials to become an Analytics Professional.
Organizations today need professionals who can extract and analyze extremely large amounts of data - Big Data - and present useful insights to business leaders. If you're one of them, or would like to be, this certificate program is for you. You'll come away with the kind of deep analytical skills and abilities that organizations and recruiters value. Work with industry experts on advanced statistical modelling, machine learning and natural language processing. You'll cover content essential for the toolbox of a predictive analytics professional, including neural networks and deep learning; programming languages and software used in data extraction and analysis; and data security, compliance and privacy issues. The course content covers the 7 domains of INFORMS' Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) certification. You'll also learn how to represent data visually to help decision-makers understand your findings. Whether you work in operations, business intelligence or marketing communications, are a recent math or science graduate, or want to change or advance your career, this certificate will open up the in-demand field of Big Data. This certificate is offered in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science.
What You'll Learn
- Explore the evolution of data science and predictive analytics.
- Know statistical concepts and techniques including regression, correlation and clustering.
- Apply data management systems and technologies that reflect concern for security and privacy.
- Adopt techniques and technologies including data mining, neural network mapping and machine learning.
- Represent big data findings visually to aid decision-makers.