- Help your organization make smarter decisions through enhanced business and accounting acumen.
- Specialize your accounting knowledge and validate your skills – while earning a University of Toronto Certificate, and getting one-step closer to the CPA's Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF).
If you are ready to take your accounting knowledge, career prospects and job security to the next level, this certificate program is for you. Study part-time fully online and apply your enhanced knowledge to your current position immediately. Through four courses, two required and two electives, you will develop and apply foundational business skills while specializing your knowledge in accounting. You'll learn how to better understand accounting procedures to improve the bottom line and prepare budgets, statements and forecasts with increasing complexity. You'll apply accounting principles to real-world scenarios, gaining new perspectives and greater confidence when working with colleagues and unfamiliar situations.
What You'll Learn
- Prepare financial information, statements, budgets and forecasts.
- Calculate and report performance measures in clear, compelling ways.
- Monitor, analyze and improve accounting procedures, information systems and internal controls.
- Develop a greater understanding of cash flows and their requirements.
- Present information to senior management and external auditors with confidence.
You must complete two required courses and two of four electives. You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course. You should have earned an accounting diploma or completed the 14 Accounting PREP courses, or have equivalent knowledge and experience before starting the Advanced Proficiency in Accounting & Finance certificate courses. If you are pursuing the CPA’s Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance, courses must be taken in a certain order to qualify for ACAF, for more information, please visit our Association ACAF webpage.
This program aligns with the Chartered Professional Accountant's (CPA's) Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance. Once you complete this program and technical software training through Sage 50, you’ll be eligible to write the CPA's National Final Exam for ACAF.