- Make better strategic decisions using sound financial planning and management.
- Choose and manage systems that make a business more efficient and competitive.
Now that you have a solid understanding of basic accounting principles, you're ready to study the underlying framework. In this Level 3 certificate, you'll grow your knowledge of accounting and your ability to apply it in a range of positions. You'll study the impact financial management has on business-strategy development. You'll learn how sound management of information technology systems (MIS/IT) can maximize an organization's business capabilities and give it the competitive advantage it needs in the 21st century.
What You'll Learn
- Deepen your knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Improve your recording and interpretation of financial statements.
- Forecast liabilities and contingencies, shareholders' equity, future employee benefits and leases.
- Become more familiar with financial planning, analysis and budgeting.
- Use information systems to maximize capability and increase competitive advantage.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course.