About the Alumni Benefit
Did you know that the School of Continuing Studies offers more than 800 courses in a wide range of program areas to fit your interests, and schedule, as you continue to pursue your love of learning? Well, we are pleased to share that we partner with the U of T Alumni Relations office to bring yet another perk to being a U of T alumnus: continue your commitment to lifelong learning by using our $550 CAD* alumni benefit toward your first course with SCS!
CONTINUE YOUR LIFELONG LEARNING JOURNEY TODAY
If you have graduated from a University of Toronto degree program within the past five years, you qualify for an alumni discount of $550 to use towards any one course* at the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies.
IMPORTANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION
- U of T Alumni Benfit may not be combined with any other bursaries, awards, discounts, or the U of T Staff Tuition Waiver.
- Per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), the U of T Alumni Benefit is considered a taxable benefit. If approved, you will receive a T4A slip from the University of Toronto in the year following your enrolment.
- This discount benefit cannot be applied to a course you have already registered for retroactively, so please be sure to complete the alumni discount benefit application process before registering for your desired course.
- The Alumni Benefit is applicable to each level of degree earned (i.e. Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD), and must be used within five years following your convocation date.
HOW TO USE YOUR ALUMNI BENEFIT
1. Please complete the following webform to start the enrolment process
a. Degree obtained
b. Date of convocation
c. U of T student number (nine-digit number)
e. Course and course section into which you want to enrol
2. Once you complete the webform, you will receive an email with further instructions. Please ensure that you have the following documents on hand for secure upload:
a. A copy of your SIN card or SIN confirmation letter
b. Government-issued photo identification
c. Non-Canadians please also upload your work or study permit and a copy of your passport. If you are a permanent resident, you do not have to upload these documents.
*This offer has no cash value.
**Exclusions include examination preparation courses, English Language Program offerings, private and semi-private instruction in languages, and the courses listed below:
- 3648 - DBT: The Basics (Foundational Training Part 1)
- 3649 - DBT: Beyond the Basics (Foundational Training Part 2)
- 3650 - DBT: Individual Therapy
- 3651 - DBT: Skills Training
- 3652 - DBT: Consultation Team
- 3960 - U of T SCS Interaction Design and Prototyping for XR
- 3961 - U of T SCS XR Development with Unity
- Courses offered in partnership with the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA), as follows:
- 3435 - Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) Admission Course
- 3725 - Ontario Building Code Act and Building Permit Application Process
- 3728 - Ontario Building Code Compliance Data: Concepts and Code Analysis
- 3734 - Professional Responsibility, Ethics, and Membership in a Self-Regulating Profession
- 3729 - Legal Aspects: Professional Liability & Architects’ Contracts
- 3724 - Construction Act
- 3726 - Bid Theory and Bid Practice
- 3721 - Construction Contract Administration and General Review
- 3727 - Planning and Development Approvals