Applying to LIEP
LIEP Admission Process
- Complete “Is LIEP Program the right choice for me?” self-assessment questionnaire.
- Confirm your eligibility for the LIEP Program.
- Submit an Application Form and Checklist. For information on demonstrating English language proficiency through the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test, please review the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC).
- Submit a Personal Statement and a recent Resume.
- If you are short–listed, you will be invited to attend an information session and/or a selection interview. In exceptional circumstances, conditional admission may be offered where a few required conditions/documents are not complete; however all conditions must be met by the communicated deadline.
- Review, accept and sign the LIEP Terms of Reference to complete the admission process.
Click here for the LIEP Application Checklist.
Dates and Deadlines
Participants in Cohort 1 started the LIEP Program in September 2012.
Participants in Cohort 2 started the LIEP Program in January 2013.
For Cohort 3 – Starting Fall 2013
|April – May||Information Session|
|May 20 – June 23 *||Applications accepted|
|July 1 – July 29 *||Selection Interviews|
|July 31 *||Admission offers issued|
|August 5 *||Candidates accept/decline offer|
|August 9 *||Admission offers confirmed|
|August 15 *||LIEP Program begins|
Please note that admission into the LIEP program is a competitive process. Meeting minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. In case of being offered conditional admission, candidates are expected to fulfill all conditions by the communicated date prior to the commencement of the program.