Licensing International Engineers into the Profession (LIEP) Program
Are you an internationally educated engineering graduate?
Are you seeking a professional engineering (P.Eng.) license in Ontario?
If yes, the LIEP program and courses are designed to help you.
Financial assistance is available (see below).
- You are from any field of engineering, and required by PEO to write the Engineering Economics, Engineering Management and Professional Practice (Law & Ethics) Examinations, the following courses will help you:
- You are from civil, electrical or mechanical engineering fields, and are required to write the confirmatory technical examinations. LIEP offers the following certificate programs to provide you Canadian credentials, help you refresh your knowledge and prepare you to write the technical, complimentary studies or professional practice examinations:
- Eligible internationally trained professionals can receive financial assistance through Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program (OBPAP) provided by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) for the LIEP program.
- OBPAP provides bursaries of up to $5,000 to cover direct education costs (e.g., tuition and books) to students attending bridge training programs that have been approved by the Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade (MCIIT) and that are not approved for purposes of OSAP.
- OBPAP bursary assistance funding is limited; it is available to applicants with the greatest assessed financial need.
OBPAP Frequently Asked Questions
For More Information:
Please call 905-569-4508