Welcome to the School of Continuing Studies. For accessibility reasons, the following hot keys can be used on this website.

Using access keys varies depending on the browser you use. On the Windows operating system, using Internet Explorer, the ALT key is the trigger, then press the number associated with what section you want to get to (ie. Course Search would be [ALT + 2]).

  1. Accessibility Features
  2. Home
  3. Course Search
  4. Programs
  5. Registration
  6. About Us
  7. Contact Us
  8. Student Login
  9. Link to Home
Font Changer

School of Continuing Studies | University of Toronto

Comparative Education Service (CES)

Academic Credential Assessment

ECA for Canadian Immigration Programs

Select and complete the necessary application forms

The Comparative Education Service (CES) is part of the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies. In April, 2013, CES was designated by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) reports.

The CES ECA report can be used when applying for immigration to Canada under:

Caregiver Class and Express Entry:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program,
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program,
  • Canadian Experience Class, and
  • Provincial Nominee Program

Note: Principal Applicants intending to apply as a Physician/Specialist Physician (NOC 3111 or 3112) must be assessed by the Medical Council of Canada. Individuals intending to apply as a Pharmacist (NOC 3131) must have an assessment from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada. Detailed information for Physicians and Pharmacists can be found on the website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Note: Please do not submit incomplete applications – this will delay completion of your assessment. Ensure that all necessary fields are properly filled in. CES cannot conduct the assessment until all required documents are received. The Comparative Education Service reserves the right not to accept an application for assessment.

Apply Online

Note: Online applications with “In progress” status will expire and will be cancelled if they have been inactive for 30 days. If your application has expired, please create and submit a new application.

Paper Applications

Use this application form to have your academic credentials assessed by CES.  For educational credential assessment reports, please only submit completed qualifications; incomplete programs of study cannot be assessed for this purpose.

Having your credentials assessed is a requirement for various immigration programs through Citizenship & Immigration Canada. This form may also be used to have your secondary studies assessed, but this is optional.

Use this form to have your official academic records (transcripts/statements of marks) sent from your former institution(s). Official academic records must be sent directly to the CES office in a sealed envelope by each educational institution that granted a qualification. This application form is provided for your convenience to help you in this process; its use is not mandatory.

Complete this form to authorize CES to share information about your assessment application with a third party, or to designate an individual or organization to act as your representative to CES. This form can also be used to withdraw the release of such authorization/designation.

Have you had your academic credentials assessed by CES after April 17, 2011, and now wish to upgrade that assessment for immigration programs of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)? This application form is provided for your convenience.

Use this form to have additional copies of your CES educational credential assessment report sent to yourself or to a third party. CES can provide additional copies of your original ECA report for a small service fee. CES will not send your assessment report to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on your behalf, because IRCC only accepts original reports submitted directly by applicants.

All forms are downloadable in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open these files. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free if you do not already have it on your computer.