Welcome to the School of Continuing Studies. For accessibility reasons, the following hot keys can be used on this website.

Using access keys varies depending on the browser you use. On the Windows operating system, using Internet Explorer, the ALT key is the trigger, then press the number associated with what section you want to get to (ie. Course Search would be [ALT + 2]).

  1. Accessibility Features
  2. Home
  3. Course Search
  4. Programs
  5. Registration
  6. About Us
  7. Contact Us
  8. Student Login
  9. Link to Home
Font Changer

School of Continuing Studies | University of Toronto

Comparative Education Service (CES)

Academic Credential Assessment

For Employment, Education, Licensure & Other General Purposes

Select and complete the necessary application forms

To have your secondary and/or post-secondary educational credentials assessed, you will need to complete the application below.

You will need to make arrangements to have each educational institution listed on your application form send the official academic records directly to CES in a sealed envelope. Below is a form which may be helpful.

Please do not submit incomplete application forms – this will delay completion of your assessment. Ensure that all necessary fields are properly filled in. CES cannot conduct the assessment until all required documents are received.

The Comparative Education Service reserves the right not to accept an application for assessment.

Apply Online

Note: Online applications with “In progress” status will expire and will be cancelled if they have been inactive for 30 days. If your application has expired, please create and submit a new application.

Paper Applications

Complete this form to have your academic credentials assessed for non-immigration purposes. This form may also be used to have your secondary studies assessed. Please note that assessment of secondary-level documents is not required for those who only want their post-secondary credentials assessed.

Use this form to request to have your official academic records (transcripts/statements of marks) sent from your former institution(s). Official academic records must be sent directly to the CES office in a sealed envelope by each educational institution that granted a qualification. This application form is provided for your convenience to help you in this process; its use is not mandatory.

Complete this form to authorize CES to share information about your assessment application with a third-party, or to designate an individual or organization as your representative to CES. This form can also be used to withdraw the release of such authorization/designation.

Use this form to have additional copies of your CES educational credential assessment report. CES can provide additional copies of your original assessment report for a small service fee. Reports from 1997 onwards are normally available; those completed prior to 1997 are no longer on file. We process this request within five (5) business days provided that your original assessment has already been completed.

Want to find out the Canadian equivalence of an international academic program before you enrol? CES can pre-assess up to three foreign degree programs with a single application.

Want to find out if a college, university, academy, or other higher education institution is recognized or accredited? CES can assess up to three institutions with a single application.

All forms are downloadable in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open these files. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, you can download it at no cost by clicking here.