Withdrawals, Transfers & Cancellations
Read More About Withdrawals, Transfers and Cancellations
(Formerly Refunds -Conditions)
- Full tuition may be refunded if the School receives a written notice of withdrawal postmarked before the applicable deadline. Notice of withdrawal may also be submitted by email to email@example.com .
- You may also withdraw from a course and request a refund through your Student Portal.
If you decide to withdraw through your Student Portal, you must send your request at least seven calendar days prior to the course start.
- Notice of withdrawal from a course is not acceptable by telephone.
- Cancelling a cheque or credit card payment, failing to attend lectures, or advising the instructor that you will no longer attend does not constitute an official withdrawal.
- No refund is granted after the noted refund deadlines.
- A refund is also subject to the return, in original condition, of any course materials that may have been issued.
- Transfers are permitted, provided we receive a written request before the noted transfer deadlines
- Transfers are not accepted by telephone.
- You may also transfer from a course through your Student Portal.
- If you decide to transfer through your Student Portal you must send your request at least seven calendar days prior to the course start.
- No transfer is granted after the noted deadlines.
- A transfer is also subject to the return, in original condition, of any course materials that may have been issued.
Course fees paid by credit card will be returned to the original credit card account. All other refunds are processed in the form of a University of Toronto cheque made payable to the original payor.
The following deadlines are for guidance purposes only and may not apply to all programs or courses. If there is a separate deadline that applies to a specific program or course, this deadline will be noted on your confirmation of enrolment email that is sent to you when you register. This separate deadline will supersede any deadlines listed below.
100% of the tuition fee will be refunded if the withdrawal takes place within the following deadlines. No refund will be given after the applicable deadlines.
If you are unclear of the deadline that applies for your enrolled course(s), please contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-978-2400 (press 2)
In-Class lectures and workshops (for courses that meet once or twice weekly over a period of four or more weeks)
Before the third meeting
In-Class lectures and workshops (for courses that meet once or twice weekly over a period of three or fewer weeks)
Before the second meeting
Workshops (one week in length or less), Examinations, Seminars, Symposia or Conferences
Before the event/examination occurs
Within 15 business days following release of online password access
English Language Program – Full-time
Refer to the registration policies for this program.
When it is necessary to cancel or postpone a class, we will make every effort to notify all class members. It is important that you provide your home and business telephone numbers and email address when registering.
Every effort is made to adhere to the course details found in this course calendar, although courses, dates, days, times or instructors are subject to change without prior notice.
If a course is altered you may choose to transfer to another section or another course if space permits, or you may choose to receive a full refund of course fees paid.
Decisions on course cancellations due to lack of enrolment are made at least seven calendar days prior to the course starting date, so early registration is recommended.
If you register for a course that is subsequently cancelled, you may transfer to another section or another course, if space permits, or you may choose to receive a full refund of course fees paid.