- Expand and develop your business, finance, statistical and accounting skills.
- Take courses recognized by the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario) and work toward the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
If you're already working in finance, accounting or audit, this certificate program will greatly enhance your business, finance, statistical and accounting skills. The four courses below are recognized by the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario) and you can progress toward the CPA with this certificate program.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the purpose and nature of accounting.
- Know how accounting systems work and how to communicate results using financial statements.
- Explain how demand and supply affect a market economy, prices and output levels.
- Identify, classify and allocate costs for overhead, product costing and performance evaluation.
- Use statistics to help management make better investment decisions.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the four courses required for the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course.