- Learn the theories and practices of international trade.
- Master the practical applications for the import–export industry.
This program teaches you how to analyze and evaluate domestic and international business concepts related to trade finance, Canada Customs procedures and the import-export process. Whether you're already in an import-export industry or hoping to start a career in trade finance or customs brokerage, you'll learn the practical details, including customs clearance and the roles that traders, trading houses, agents, distributors and brokers play.
What You'll Learn
- Know the risks associated with international trade, including foreign exchange, commercial risk and country risk.
- Understand the structure and process of international transactions, including Canadian Customs procedures.
- Examine trade finance tools, rules and currency fluctuations.
- Identify potential Canadian government assistance.
- Evaluate cross-cultural negotiations and examine trade agreements.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course.