- Get a thorough grounding in the key concepts, tools and techniques in the fast-growing Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector.
- Expand your career options and prepare yourself for further professional development in specialized areas such as data science/analytics, cloud computing, enterprise architecture, IT security and mobile applications.
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector is one of the fastest growing in Canada. Employers need people with up-to-date knowledge and skills to fill significant gaps. If you're looking to capitalize on exciting new career opportunities, this certificate program will give you the grounding you need. You'll come away better positioned to work in ICT, take on new responsibilities and contribute to your organization's ICT development. The courses have been designed to help you build your knowledge and skills step by step, in sequence, and they are business oriented, rather than deeply technical or analytical. This certificate is offered in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science.
What You'll Learn
- Recognize and explain key ICT concepts, terminology, tools and techniques.
- Illustrate how they relate to management and business practices.
- Apply them to project teamwork, case studies or individual assignments.
- Understand your career and professional development options and how best to pursue them.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is not available for this certificate.