- Develop the foundational knowledge required to design, implement and evaluate eLearning training programs.
- Examine key business and management concepts needed to run successful eLearning within an organization or consulting practice.
This certificate prepares learners with the knowledge and skills required to develop, launch and evaluate eLearning training programs in a variety of non-profit and corporate settings. Throughout two core courses learners will explore critical elements of the instructional design process; covering all aspects from establishing a project development plan to storyboarding and selecting appropriate technology to evaluation of the final product. The elective courses offer the opportunity to further refine skills and gain knowledge in visual design and user experience, knowledge management or writing for the web.
Certificate Program Update!
As part of our commitment to academic quality, all programs undergo a periodic evaluation to ensure the curriculum is modernised to meet current industry demands. The eLearning Certificate program is presently under review and starting in 2017 updated courses will be available.
Certificate Requirements Winter 2014 – Summer 2017
- Completion of two required courses – 0215 and 0216*
- Completion of one elective – 0217, 0219 or 1843**
*Transferable to the new certificate
** Available for credit towards the certificate until Fall 2017. After Fall 2017, only new elective courses will be accepted into the certificate.
Certificate Requirements Fall 2017 and onward
- Completion of two required courses – TBD
- Completion of one elective – TBD
What You'll Learn
- Design and implement e-learning programs that are effective, engaging and accessible.
- Use visual design principles to create compelling and persuasive communications.
- Optimize decision-making, business operations and service delivery of e-learning programs.
- Build your skills in visual design, knowledge management and effective web writing.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course. The delivery method of courses varies from in-class to online. Please consult our website for specific details.