- Advance your career by building sought-after skills in all aspects of competitive intelligence (CI).
- Learn how to use competitive intelligence to set your organization apart in today’s crowded marketplace.
In today's hyperconnected and competitive environment, organizations need to stay ahead of their competition. CI is one sure way to avoid surprises, monitor trends, identify insights, connect the dots between data sets and grow market share. This three-course certificate is designed to help individuals and organizations start or refresh their CI programs. Workshops, group exercises, case studies and discussions will show you how to manage and grow an intelligence function. You'll acquire robust analytical skills and learn how to align CI with company strategy. You'll find out how to support primary and secondary research, and use the right tools, reporting methods and templates. The program is geared to marketing and sales professionals, librarians, information professionals and record keepers - anyone aiming to get more out of information and analysis. This certificate is offered in collaboration with the Faculty of Information.
What You'll Learn
- Explore the value of CI and how it can help an organization succeed.
- Build or grow a CI program that is both strategic and tactical.
- Use a wide range of analytical tools and frameworks.
- Develop strategies to turn information into intelligence.
- Apply classroom learning to real-life CI problems.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. A Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course.