Certificate in Project Management
|The School of Continuing Studies is a Project Management Institute (PMI) registered education provider|
This certificate consists of three courses. It provides a comprehensive overview of project management and prepares you to manage large and small scale projects. It covers both the hard skills of cost, time, quality and risk management of a project and the crucial soft management skills necessary for effective long term success in managing projects.
The Certificate in Project Management consists of three courses; Foundations of Project Management, Leading Projects in Organizations and Project Implementation and Control.
- This certificate requires the successful completion of the 3 required courses: Foundations of Project Management, Leading Projects in Organizations and Project Implementation and Control. There are three equivalent delivery methods – Evening in-class, Online and Professional Day Seminars. Students can take any combination of delivery methods to obtain their certificate.
- Students have two years from the start date of their first course to complete the certificate, however extensions will be granted to students requiring additional time due to Certificate changes.
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) exemption may be granted for a maximum of one course.
Evening in-class and Online Courses
Professional Day Seminars
|SCS 2468 Foundations of Project Management||6 days|
|SCS 2314 Project Management Essentials: Part 1||3 days|
|SCS 2485 Project Management Essentials: Part 2 – Project Monitoring and Control||3 days|
|*Project Management Essentials Part 1 and 2 are equivalent to SCS 2468 Foundations of Project Management.|
|SCS 2316 Project Management Essentials for Construction
*Can be taken in place of SCS 2314 Project Management Essentials Part 1.
|SCS 2469 Leading Projects in Organizations||6 days|
|SCS 2470 Project Implementation & Control||6 days|
Certificate Learning Outcome
- While the Project Management Certificate is not intended to be a preparatory certificate the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam, the content of the courses is consistent with the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge). The School of Continuing Studies offers a separate PMP Exam prep course for learners who are ready to seek the PMP certification.
- Collectively, the three courses cover much of the same material that is validated in the PMP exam. As such, successful graduates of the U of T Certificate program would be well prepared to write the PMP exam, assuming they meet the experience requirements to write the exam, and review summary material just before the actual exam date.
- Graduates of the U of T Certificate program will be prepared to assume additional responsibilities or promotional opportunities to career assignments that have a project management component or primary focus, either with an existing employer, or in the external career market.