Certificate in Enterprise Architecture
With the rapidly growth of technology and the impact of the Internet, information, intelligence and technology have radically changed how business is conducted. It is important that business understands the most basic applications of information to make it meaningful, timely, and accurately aligned to the right decision makers. This, however, is difficult to do nowadays with the vast availability of data and information. Enterprise Architecture is to provide a framework for the business to implement new applications and systems to manage the lifecycle and value of business processes. It aligns business strategy and IT infrastructure to maximize the returns of investment while minimizing the total cost of ownership to sustain and grow the business. This certificate program introduces the fundamental and advanced concepts of Enterprise Architecture (EA) and how an organization can utilize EA to meet today’s business competition.
- To understand the fundamental concept of Enterprise Architecture
- To recognize the business needs and process in Enterprise Architecture and to apply the best strategy for the implantation
- To know how to protect and secure enterprise information, meet compliance requirements, and make it accessible for business analysis at the right time.
- To illustrate the difference models used in Enterprise Architecture
- To apply technologies effectively in the context of Enterprise Architecture
- To demonstrate a well designed Enterprise Architecture business plan to meet today’s competition
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those who want to learn about the field of EA. Most ideal candidates would be IT Project Managers, Business Architects, etc. Although this is NOT a technical program, a high level of business analysis skills is most desirable.
- This certificate requires the successful completion of the 3 required courses.
- Students have two years from the start date of their first course to complete the certificate.
The main themes of the program by course are shown below:
1. Foundations of Enterprise Architecture
This course introduces the basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and examines its classification, taxonomy, models and framework. The following architecture domains will be covered: Business, information, technology, security, application, software, service-oriented and their inter-relationships as well as integration of domains and governance. Strategic planning of Enterprise Architecture, including implementation and planning will be presented in the course.
2. Business and Information Architecture
Introduces the development of Enterprise Information Architecture frameworks and reviews existing frameworks such as Zachman and TOGAF framework. Examine activities that are taken place within organization to ensure Enterprise Information Architecture is understood (through education) and executed (through change management) and updated (via continuous reviews process.) All these are connected with the leadership and other key aspects of EA). Roles of CIO and CEO will also be discussed in this course.
3. Tools and Applications in Enterprise Architecture
This course provides an overview of the technologies used in Enterprise Architecture. It includes the studies of ROI and TCO in relationships to the application evaluation and selection process. The trends of the technology will also be reviewed