Certificate in Canadian Business Management Essentials (presented in Cantonese)
Taught in Cantonese, the Certificate in Canadian Business Management Essentials is a unique university program that prepares students to develop practical management skills and strategies. Certification by an internationally recognized academic institution can corroborate professional knowledge and validate specialized skills – critical factors in career development.
The certificate is awarded upon successful completion of five courses.
This Certificate is offered in cooperation with the Sing Tao Daily Newspaper.
SCS 2520 Understanding Financial Statements and Canadian Taxation (Cantonese)
SCS 1780 Business Law (Cantonese)
SCS 1781 Marketing: An Introduction (Cantonese)
SCS 1782 Business Strategy (Cantonese)
SCS 1783 Human Resource Management (Cantonese)
- Instructors teach in Cantonese and English, using English course materials. Ability to read English is required.
- Participants may elect to submit their assignments and to write the final exam in either Cantonese or English. As part of the School’s services, Chinese speaking staff will be available to answers questions by phone (416.978.2400).
- Courses in the program are condensed and students can complete the Certificate in just three semesters.
- Courses are scheduled on either week-nights or Saturdays.
- Courses are offered in-class on the St. George downtown campus conveniently located near the St. George subway station and at the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus (UTSC) located at 1265 Military Trail.
The Canadian Business Management Essentials Certificate has been developed for:
- Cantonese speakers who want to learn about Canadian business and management in their own language
- foreign trained professionals wanting to add Canadian business and management certification to their credentials
- university and/or college alumni wishing to add business and management components to their portfolios
- candidates from both university and non-university backgrounds who are seeking to improve their career opportunities
- Vivian AuYeung, (Business Strategy (Cantonese) and Financial Accounting (Cantonese)
- Andrea Chun, Business Law (Cantonese)
- Amy Tam, Human Resource Management (Cantonese)
- Peter Yung, Marketing: An Introduction (Cantonese)
International Professionals may also be interested in these other programs at the School of Continuing Studies:
- The Management Accountant Fundamentals Certificate and the General Accounting Certificates compliment the Financial Accounting and Business Management Certificate program.
- Business English for International Professionals Certificate
- Canadian Business Management Essentials (presented in Cantonese)
Notes: Students have three years from the start date of their first course to complete the certificate.
All five courses can be applied to the SCS Certificate in Business Management Fundamentals.