Certificate in Business English for International Professionals
This certification prepares you for the employment or career advancement you want and deserve. Personalized feedback from experienced ESL instructors, and other successful professionals, will help you develop the communication skills required for the Canadian workplace. Our in-class activities, drawn from authentic business and professional situations, will help improve your grammatical accuracy in speech and writing, and build your confidence. You will leave this program with self-monitoring strategies, which will ensure your English is correct and easy to understand, and a list of print and web resources to ensure lifelong language improvement.
- Study on a part-time basis
- Show employers your commitment to professional development and personal growth
- Learn how to express yourself more accurately, concisely and appropriately for a business environment
- Develop strategies for improving and monitoring clear speech and effective communication
- Discover individual areas of weakness and improve on them
- Demonstrate your strengths and capabilities
- Acquire functional business language to interact with colleagues, clients, staff and superiors
- Learn how to improve your English on the job
In-class or Online
These courses are offered for non-native speakers of English who have a high-intermediate to advanced level of English proficiency. Students have two calendar years to complete the Certificate requirements. Students, however, may also take each of these courses individually.