- Gain the knowledge, skills and tools to drive strategic innovation in your organization.
- Get hands-on experience in identifying, planning and executing your own innovation projects.
Are you an organizational leader or manager who aims to create growth for your organization through strategic innovation? If yes, this certificate will help you develop your intrapreneurship skills and create a sustainable culture of innovation in your organization. The courses guide you through the entire innovation process, from building an initial business case to making innovation a sustainable practice. Through discussions, group exercises and case studies, you'll identify, plan and execute your own innovation projects and engage with other innovation-minded business leaders. All courses provide practical experience you can apply immediately and effectively.
What You'll Learn
- Assess innovation opportunities and apply frameworks and processes within your organization.
- Customize an innovation strategy for your area of interest or organization.
- Make informed decisions about research and development (R&D) and innovation.
- Use customized metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate your initiative.
- Create, lead and sustain a culture of innovation.
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted for one course.
If you have completed courses in the Business Innovation Certificate prior to Fall 2014, you have the following options:
- If you have completed 2539 – Foundations of Business Innovation, you will need to complete any 3 of the new courses above (except for 3035 – Fundamentals of Business Innovation) to qualify for the certificate.
- If you have completed 2539 – Foundations of Business Innovation and 2540 – Business Innovation Tools & Techniques, you will need to complete any 2 of the new courses above (except for 3035 – Fundamentals of Business Innovation) to qualify for the certificate.