- Learn the essential elements of building design and construction technology.
- Position yourself for greater success in the building science industry.
The building industry needs people who understand how the many different components of a building and its environment interact. The only program recognized by the Ontario Building Envelope Council (OBEC), this certificate will give you the knowledge you need to meet growing industry demands and earn your BSSO designation. You'll increase your understanding of building design and failure. Current members of OBEC are eligible for a 15 per cent discount. This certificate is offered in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the technical performance of buildings, materials and systems.
- Get to know the elements of construction technology, material science, architecture, meteorology, sustainable energy and heat and mass transport physics.
- Fulfill the academic requirements of the BSSO designation.
You have four years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate.
Building Science I is a prerequisite for Building Science II, and Building Science I and II are both prerequisites for the remaining courses.
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) may be granted to a maximum of two courses, 2339 Building Science I and/or 2340 Building Science II, if you have previously completed a university-level building science course.